Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20th Update

Friday 18 - Sunday 20
Ran through Sibyl Vane's song Obsess Over You with Ashleigh Moore. I learned that the key was not suited to a woman so I will be transposing the song down. The more I think about this song the moor I question how I should really approach Dorian and Sibyl's relationship. The song is fun and catchy but as of now it doesn't feel appropriate. I am currently working on their date scene. I want their feelings (at least Sibyl's) to be very genuine. The audience should root for the two of them.

I rewrote the opening. Basil comes onstage and begins the show with a new song:
Basil:
I have seen an Angel standing before me naked.
He took away my pain.
Forbidden I made love to an Angel.
He turned my head toward the moonlight and
told me I was beautiful.
I gave myself to an Angel.
He touched me where the truth burned and
released my inner demons to the world.
And what I saw inside this Angel was a sanctuary
to run to in despair.
So then I painted an Angel.

I'm hoping this will establish Basil's feelings for Dorian from the start of the play so that the feelings of jealousy he feels are better understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment